Asian Pot Roast
3 to 4 lb. boneless chuck roast, fat trimmed
2 cups College Inn® Beef Broth
2 Tbsp. oyster sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1/2 to 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes, to taste
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
hot cooked rice, optional
- Cut meat into two pieces, if needed, to fit in slow cooker.
- Combine broth, oyster sauce, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in slow cooker. Add beef. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, leaving cooking liquid in slow cooker. Set aside half the meat for Banh Mi Sandwiches; cool then wrap and refrigerate. Keep remaining meat warm while making sauce.
- Mix 3 tablespoons cooking liquid with cornstarch in a small bowl; pour into slow cooker, whisking to blend evenly. Add green onions. Cook on HIGH 5 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened; stir.
- Serve sliced beef with sauce and hot cooked rice and additional sliced green onion, if desired. Refrigerate any leftover sauce for Banh Mi Sandwiches.