French Country Beef Stew
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 cups College Inn® Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Contadina® Tomato Paste
- 3 slices bacon diced
- 1-1/2 lb. stew beef cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 10 oz. fusilli or egg noodles
- 12 oz. baby carrots
1. Cook bacon in Dutch oven or large saucepan; remove bacon and set aside. Leave drippings in Dutch oven.
2. Toss beef in flour; shake off excess flour. Heat reserved bacon drippings and olive oil over medium-high heat in same Dutch oven. Add beef and brown on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
3. Add broth, wine, tomato paste, mustard, thyme and bacon. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
5. Add carrots to stew; cover and simmer, 20 minutes or until beef and carrots are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over pasta.