Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( 5 to 6 oz. each)
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 lb. mushrooms, quartered
1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. paprika
1 can (28 oz.) Contadina® Whole Tomatoes or 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Contadina® Diced Tomatoes, drained
Cooked wide egg noodles
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place flour in a bowl; add chicken and coat, reserving 2 Tbsp. excess flour.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a deep wide skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to pan. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme and paprika. Cook, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are soft and mushrooms have released their liquid. Stir in reserved flour.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes, breaking up whole tomatoes with a spoon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside (165°F internal temperature). To serve, spoon mushroom sauce over chicken and noodles.